Yay, We Won!!

Yay, We Won!!
Now Where's My Carrot??

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Little Carriage Horse Poetry ;-)

Came upon another hand-wringing humaniac today - only this one expressed herself in, um, poetry.

You can read said author's offerings here ~~~> Horses in traffic (poem) by JASMIN HORST E. P. SEILER on AuthorsDen

Of course this puerile, ghoulish poem elicited more than a few chuckles from those of us 'in the know' - including my good pal Lisa from South Carolina, a life-long equestrian and horse owner.

Lisa offered up her own take on Jasmin the Poet's grim, turgid lines - easily countering her obviously-unacquainted-with-horses hysterics:

NYC Horse

Shiny Shoes and bales of hay
some oats and grain just for a neigh

A happy life of work I do
I pull a carriage and meet a few

My body is strong, my mind is set
I'll pull this carriage to the park - you bet!

Those silly activists cry foul and shame
but stupid dumb *****, they are so lame

They think I am human, those nerdy turds
I'm not of course,
I'm just a horse
with a job to do, for him and for you
I pull this carriage, that's my life,
A place, some care, with little strife


Thank you, Leese!

1 comment:

Lisa Deon said...

The "Horses in Traffic" poem was so ludicrous it was funny. Stupid RARA's. The only thing they know about horses it that they are big and pretty.

I got a pony from a girl once who "saved" five of them from a debacle in Miami County, Kansas. (http://terranlady.tripod.com/ )And while yes, taking in five starving hackney ponies from a rescue was a noble deed, she then left them in a pasture for four years and never did anythng with them. Twice a year they were roped, shakled, had their feet trimmed, wormed and given their shots. In other words, twice a year they were terrified. Because it was easier to let them roam "free" in a pasture than teach each one to wear a halter and be lead, have ground manners and be touched by humans.

It took three months to get our little doll used to being handled, and once she discovered the joy of human companionship and the good feeling of being touched and groomed, she was the sweetest little mare you'd ever seen. My 8 year old daughter handled her all the time.

But as the saying goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions," and apparently, Humaniacs...